Casa Do Zouk (meaning “House of Zouk” in Portuguese) is an exciting event established in 2013, dedicated to Brazilian Zouk lovers, being held at Mantra on View Hotel in Gold Coast – Australia on July 18 – 21 July, 2019.
Casa do Zouk is very pleased to host a Brazilian Zouk Dance Council registered Jack & Jill Competition during the event weekend.
Jack & Jill competitions are designed to highlight skills in social dancing and the ability to dance well with a variety of partners. Competitors enter as individuals, are randomly assigned partners and dance to music selected by the event. Don’t miss the chance to be part of this exciting competition.
With amazing international and national instructors, great parties and performances, along with superb access to all that the Gold Coast has to offer, what more could you want!
- Kadu Pires and Larissa Thayane (Brazil/Australia)
- Renata Peçanha and Jorge Peres (Brazil)
- Carlos da Silva and Fernanda da Silva (Brazil/Czech Republic)
- William Teixeira and Paloma Alves (Brazil)
- Jordan Frisbee and Tatiana Mollmann (USA)
- Leonardo Neves and Becky Neves (Brazil/New Zealand)
- Arthur Santos and Layssa Liebscher (Brazil/Australia)
- Alisson Sandi (Brazil/Australia)
- DJ Kakah (Brazil)
- 30 Brazilian zouk workshops
- 2 samba de gafieira workshops
- 1 kizomba workshop
- 1 West Coast Swing workshop with Jordan and Tatiana
- Zoukieira party (50% samba de gafieira and 50% Brazilian zouk), Thursday 9:30pm to 2am
- Party and shows, Friday 9pm to 4am
- Masquerade party and shows, Saturday 9pm to 4am (dress to impress!)
- Brazilian colours themed party, AllStar/Champions Jack & Jill and awards on Sunday 9pm to 4am
The samba de gafieira immersion course is a series of 5 specific samba de gafieira workshops taught by world renowned samba de gafieira teachers Kadu and Larissa, Renata and Jorge, Leo and Becky, Carlos and Fernanda and Rafael and Juliana from Brazil.
The immersion course will be held at Mantra on View on July 18th from 1pm to 6:30pm and it can be taken in addition to your Casa do Zouk full pass or on its own.
This course is suitable for intermediate level and above dancers.
- 5hrs samba de gafieira workshops
- Thursday night “Zoukieira” party (50% zouk and 50% samba de gafieira)
Want to be a better Brazilian Zouk Jack and Jill Competitor?
In this 2 hours workshop you will learn important strategies to improve your social dance and competition skills! Since Jack and Jill competitions were created by West Coast Swing dancers Jack and Annie, we thought it would be an incredible and unique opportunity for you to learn from 11x West Coast Swing world champions Jordan Frisbee and Tatiana Mollmann from LA, USA.
These workshops will be held at Mantra on View (Casinha Ballroom) on July 18th from 7-9pm and it can be taken in addition to your Casa do Zouk full pass for only $50!
This course is suitable for Zouk beginner to advanced level dancers.
Introducing our brand new UrbanKiz Intensive on July 18th, with our talented world-famous Carolina from Madrid, Spain.
On this intensive Carolina will teach 1 hour ladies styling, where she will teach you new footwork, arm and body styling variations. Plus 2 hours UrbanKiz technique and exciting turn-patterns!
- When: July 18th (Thursday)
- Time: 7pm – 9pm
- AT Mantra On View Surfers Paradise, Australia – Casa do Zouk
- Price: $50 if you already have your Casa do Zouk Full pass
- $90 if you are only joining this intensive plus Thursday night Casa do Zouk party!!
Intensive pass includes:
- 2hrs UrbanKiz workshops
- Thursday night “Zoukieira” party (50% zouk/kizomba and 50% samba)