Casa Do Zouk (meaning “House of Zouk” in Portuguese) is an exciting new event dedicated to Brazilian Zouk lovers, being held at Mantra on View Hotel (formally Outrigger Resort) in Gold Coast – Australia on July 27 – 30, 2017.
Casa do Zouk is very pleased to announce it will be hosting a Brazilian Zouk Dance Council registered Jack & Jill Competition during the event weekend.
Jack & Jill competitions are designed to highlight skills in social dancing and the ability to dance well with a variety of partners. Competitors enter as individuals, are randomly assigned partners and dance to music selected by the event. Don’t miss the chance to be part of this exciting competition.
With amazing international and national instructors, great parties and performances, along with superb access to all that the Gold Coast has to offer, what more could you want!
- Alex de Carvalho and Mathilde dos Santos (Brazil/France)
- Carlos da Silva and Fernanda da Silva (Brazil)
- Bruno Galhardo (Brazil)
- Kadu Pires and Larissa Thayane (Brazil/Australia)
- Leonardo Neves and Becky Neves (Brazil/New Zealand)
- Artur Liebscher and Layssa Liebscher (Brazil/Australia)
- DJ Kakah (Brazil)
- 32 Brazilian zouk workshops
- 3 samba de gafieira workshops
- 1 west coast swing workshop
- Zoukieira party (50% samba de gafieira and 50% Brazilian zouk party), Thursday 9pm to 2am
- Party and shows, Friday 9pm to 4am
- Masquerade party and shows, Saturday 9pm to 4am (dress to impress!)
- Brazilian colours themed party and Champions Jack & Jill, Sunday 9pm to 4am
The samba de gafieira immersion course is a series of 5 specific samba de gafieira workshops taught by some of the samba de gafieira world renowned teachers. The immersion course will be held at Mantra on View on July 27th from 3pm to 9pm and it can be taken in addition to your Casa do Zouk full pass or on its own.
This course is suitable for intermediate level and above dancers.
- 5hrs samba de gafieira workshops
- Thursday night “Zoukieira” party (50% zouk and 50% samba)